Vision / Intent:
The course is aimed to encourage you to develop personal, learning and thinking skills with qualities required for work in the Business sector. It will prepare students for virtually any career by equipping them with financial skills, organisational ability, marketing knowledge and the ability to present ideas clearly. The principles of business underpin every shop, office and organisation in the UK economy, meaning students will have skills and knowledge valued by employers in every sector.
Faculty leader of Vocational and Physical Education – Mr S. Fatania
Mr P. Murphy - Teacher of Business
Mr A. Kemp - Teacher of Business
Business is a primarily coursework-based subject. Students must complete coursework to the highest possible standard. This qualification is built on two core units that form the fundamental knowledge and understanding of business principles. It also includes six optional units that offer specialised information on the sector.
KS4 Topic Overview and Assessment
Over the two years, students will complete a total of 4 units.
Unit Information (Year 10):
1. Enterprise in the Business World (Internally assessed)
2. Finance for Business (Externally assessed)
Unit Information (Year 11):
3. Promoting a Brand (Internally assessed)
8. Recruitment, Employment and Selection (Internally assessed)
The course concentrates on the Business industries, where learners may seek employment or study at a higher level. Possible careers include; Business Management, Office Based Roles, Finance Assistance.
- BTEC Business Level 3
- BTEC Enterprise Level 3
Assessment & Key Performance Indicators
- Assessment folders are kept in store cupboard where completed assessment are stored.
- Each unit will have front cover. Front covers will outline what work is completed and the grade achieved against each criterion from the specification.
- Each member of staff will have a tracker that monitors the assessments of students. This will be located with the individual staff member.
- Each course has internal units which are marked by subject teachers and external units which are either exams or externally assesses coursework.
Where will assessed work be found?
In the Vocational Room in the locked cupboard.
How often will students complete an assessed piece of work?
As per subjects' assessment plan.
What measures does the department complete to ensure assessment outcomes are accurate?
Moderation Mondays are used to moderate work.
Key Performance Indicators: