Our policies aim to provide staff, students, parents and carers with clear information about the standards expected by all members of the Future Schools Trust community.
- Accessibility Policy
- Acceptable Usage Agreement
- Attendance Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Behaviour Policy Covid 19 Addendum
- Careers Education and Guidance Policy
- Charging and Remissions Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Child Protection Policy Covid 19 Addendum
- Complaints Procedure
- Equality & Diversity Policy
- Freedom of Information
- Governors’ Allowances
- Health and Safety Policy
- Provider Access Policy Statement
- Relationship and Sex Education Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
Public Sector Equality Duty
Since the Equality Act became law in 2010, public bodies have been required by law to uphold a duty to promote disability, race and gender equality. In April 2011 this was replaced by a single public sector equality duty (known as the PSED or the equality duty). This new duty extends to all the aspects of a person’s identity – known as ‘protected characteristics’ – that are protected under the Equality Act 2010: race, disability, sex, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity and gender reassignment.
From April 2012 schools have been required to publish information annually, showing how they comply with this equality duty. Schools are also required to publish objectives linked to this duty at least once every four years. In complying with this duty, we are therefore committed to promoting strategies, opportunities, policies and procedures that will help us:
- eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation;
- remove or minimise disadvantages;
- take steps to meet different needs;
- encourage participation when it is disproportionately low;
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- foster good relations across all protected characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Please click here, you can view a copy of our Equalities and Diversity Policy on our Policies page.